- The Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) written on this website manages your usage on DiscoverTutors website. This agreement binds you or your company to the terms and conditions set forth herein in connection with your use of DiscoverTutors (“OUR”, “WE”, “COMPANY” OR “DISCOVERTUTORS”) software, services or other offerings on our site (COLLECTIVELY, OUR “PRODUCTS”). Your access to and usage of the tuition service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms are applied to all users, visitors and others who access or use this Website.
- Our service connects parents & students to tutors for tuition services. After which, a transaction (“booking”) would occur between these parties. We reserve the right to refuse to provide the Service to any person for any reason and/or to discontinue the Service in whole or in part at any time, with or without prior notice.
- When you register with DiscoverTutors, we may collect information such as, but not limited to: your name, birth date, gender, occupation and academic qualifications. The purpose of collection of these information is to suit and match our tutee’s preferences. There is no violation of Article 12 of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore. Users who register with DiscoverTutors are required to provide accurate, valid, complete and current information about themselves as prompted by registration forms provided. You agree to update your information should there be any changes, in order to keep registered information actual, complete, true and accurate. Discovertutors is not responsible for any failure in providing services due to inaccurate, not up-to date information. If you are found to have provided false or incorrect information, DiscoverTutor reserves the right to terminate our Services provided to you, immediately without prior notice, and if deemed to be very serious, escalate to relevant authorities for further action.
- When you create an account, you are the sole authorized user of your account. You shall be liable for the preservation of the secrecy of your password/login and for all activities that transpire on/within your account. You are liable for any actions or omission of any user(s) that access your member’s profile information that, if undertaken by you, would be deemed a breach of these Terms and Conditions. It shall be your responsibility to notify DiscoverTutor immediately any unauthorized access or use of your password and account or any other breach of security. If you ever find out or suspect that someone accesses your account without authorization, you are advised to inform us immediately. DiscoverTutors shall not be held liable for any loss and damage arising from any failure to comply with this term of use.
- DiscoverTutors reserves the right to request copies of your original certificate for verification purposes, so that your credentials are verified. You are recommended to bring your certificates on the first lesson to present and verify your credentials with tutees.
- DiscoverTutors will collect 50% of tutor fees for the first 4 weeks of active tuition, paid directly to us. Tutors shall not collect the agency commission from the tutees directly. Tutees who choose to bypass the agency and pay the commission fees tutors directly, shall be liable to pay the full commission amount and additionally, administrative fees incurred by the agency, if we fail to collect the commission amount from the tutor. The agent fees are to be paid by the tutee or tutee’s parents by the due date stated on the official email invoice. Necessary actions (inclusive of phone calls/sms/letters) will be taken for recovering payments not received by the due dates. This may be further escalated to our lawyers for further recovery actions if payment is still not received after several reminders. The debtor shall be liable to pay all costs (including administrative, solicitor and client costs incurred by DiscoverTutors in demanding and enforcing payment of money due on your above account(s).
- If there are disputes or concerns regarding tuition fees between tutors and clients, we will provide assistance, to our reasonable means, to help tutors to claim fees from clients and vice versa. However, DiscoverTutors shall not be legally responsible for any payment disputes between tutors and clients.
- We reserve the right, at any time, to change any fees or charges for using any services provided on the Service (or to begin charging fees for any free service), provided that such changes will not apply to fees or charges paid prior to the time of the change.
- Tutors are to conduct themselves appropriately in a professional and ethical manner. General rules includes, but are not limited to:
-Give advance notice a change of timing is required
-No physical and verbal abuse will be tolerated. (e.g discouragement, scolding etc.)
-Regular communication with parents to keep them updated of progress
DiscoverTutors reserves the right to refuse Services to customers and users who does not abide to our Terms and whenever we deem appropriate at our discretion, without prior notice.
- The clients are allowed to request for a replacement or cancellation of a tutor, upon completion of the first lesson. However, payment for any lessons conducted is still payable to the tutor and to our company respectively. For a request of replacement of tutor, we will find a new tutor and a new confirmation will be issued. All cancellations or replacements, have to be of valid reasons.
- In no event shall we or any other DiscoverTutors party by liable to you or any third party for any special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages of any kind of damages resulting from loss of use, data or profits whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages and in theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of the service. Further, neither we nor any other DiscoverTutors party shall be liable in any way for any class or other third party goods and services offered through the service or for assistance in conducting commercial transactions with other users of the site, including without limitation any transaction between a student and teacher.
- Upon a request by us, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and the other DiscoverTutors Parties harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including legal fees, that arise from your violation of these Terms of Service or other negligent or wrongful conduct. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defences.